Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cleaning your house and your mind


During the time that i was between jobs, I stayed at home getting bored every day as I browsed and applied for vacancies that I could find in the craigslist or monster.com

It was during this time that I decided to clean the house, room for room.

I started with the kitchen. I discovered that my ref was colored pearl white and not peach. hehehe.

I scrubbed it so hard that it sparkled and smelled pine.

While doing this chore, I forgot my anxiety of not having a job.

I cleaned next the stove. The greases and the hardened food crumbs that accumulated under the stove bid good-bye.

By the time I finished the whole house, i felt tired but was happy.

This study confirms what I observed when I made the general house cleaning.



Working up a sweat while performing household chores may not just improve the cleanliness of your home, but your mental health too, a survey suggests.

Just 20 minutes of sustained exercise a week - from cleaning to jogging - can impact upon depression, the British Journal of Sports Medicine study found.

The more strenuous and frequent the activity, the greater the effect.

University College London researchers looked at a survey of 20,000 people on weekly exercise and state of mind.

1 comment:

Rain Fordyce said...

Hello Cathy,

I am interested in talking with you about writing for a new women's website call AuthenticTimes.com launching next month. I really enjoyed this article and think it could be part of our ezine. (you would get recognition and a link to your blog). If you are interested, please write me at celebrate@authentictimes.com

smiles,
Rain